Re: where the name "postgresql" really originated

От Eric Cholet
Тема Re: where the name "postgresql" really originated
Дата
Список pgsql-general
--On mardi 12 février 2002 01:18 -0600 will trillich <will@serensoft.com>
wrote:

> and the name postgres is from post-ingres, which stood for
> "INteractive Graphics and REtrieval System". the acronym is a
> bit off ("ingres" instead of "igrs" or "igars") but there it is.

I'll wager the acronym's author was fond of the famous painter
Jean-Auguste-Dominique Ingres

http://www.ibiblio.org/wm/paint/auth/ingres/

--
Eric Cholet

От: Jean-Michel POURE
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] Feature enhancement request : use of libgda in